Thursday, April 22, 2010

New member of the family

Well, since my loyal and sweet Sage died over a year ago I have been wanting to get another dog. We have been putting it off because we wanted to be moved to NC before we got one. I couldn't take it anymore and one morning announced that we would be going to the animal shelter that day and "looking" at the adoptees. So as you well imagine there was one there who we could not deny. They said he is a year and a half old and was a Rotty/Dobie mix. They had named him Rocko so we kept that name. After living with him for a while we decided they were wrong about his breed. He is a Rott/Lab mix and has the exuberance of the Lab and just a tiny bit of Rott in him. He is friendly with all, animals and big and little people. He even likes our cat Jack who is not interested at all. He is so loving and well house trained and loves to go for walks. Living without a dog is torture to me so I am very happy and glad that Jay is happy too as he has to do most of the walking out in the yard with him. For my own exercise and for Rocko's fun we walk around the blocks in our neighborhood. If I'm up to it we walk every day at least once. We both love him very much. What more can I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment