Friday, January 14, 2011

Starting again

Well, it has been a long time since I have put anything out here. I don't do New Years Resolutions but I hope to tell more about my life now. I have been with my boyfriend Jay for 2 yrs now but it doesn't seem that long. Anyway it seems that this year is the year starting a new life. I recently got new glasses (thanks to the Lions Club) and new dentures so I have a new smile that I have not had for years. I plan to get a new hair style next. So it seems to me that I am a new person. Jay blogs about everyday occurrences in our lives. I think he talked about our resident Raccoon and probably earlier about our squirrels. There were two regulars for a while and then a smaller one. Jay calls him Stewy because he wasn't big enough to eat so he's have to be put into a stew. Well Rocko and I were out on the back porch and saw three squirrels chasing each other all over my Oak tree that has beautiful giant Staghorn Fern on it. As I looked I could tell that Stewy had gotten bigger. All the Oak trees have been dropping acorns everywhere. We have them all over the front driveway so we pick them up and take them out to our back patio by the fence. We had been putting acorns up on the fence posts for them and then Jay found a little cat dish and he keeps that filled up with acorns so that they don't have to go hunting in the trees. There aren't many left in the trees. Rocko loves them and chases them up the trees. He has almost climbed the tree after them. Jay taught Rocko that they are ok as long as they are in the trees and Rocko watches them very closely just in case they come down. The funny thing is that I think they tease him by coming halfway down the trunk. Being outside in my back yard with my dog and watching all the squirrels and sitting under the trees is my favorite relaxing thing to do.

We recently went over to Orlando area to see Jay's daughter Anna and her husband Taylor. It was the most wonderful thing to happen to Jay and I and we hope to go back soon. Anna let us bring Rocko with us and I totally grateful. I hate to leave him behind for any trip even just a few hours. Since we did get to take him then we were able to stay a second night. Rocko had a great time. Anna loved him and took him out for a run a few times. She and Taylor loved him. The second night when I got up really early I went out to the living room where they were sleeping on the couch and Taylor had moved to the floor. When I went out I saw Rocko practically sitting on his head and Taylor in his sleep was trying to get him off his head. I had to be quiet or I would have laughed out loud. They were so kind to let us have there bed.

I'm sure that Jay has blogged all this in a much better way. I'm new to blogging and not as astute in language as he. All I know at this moment is that I am happier than I have ever been. A new life, a new man, a healthier body and soon I believe we will have all the money we need to do the things we want to do.

Last of all back to my new teeth, I am looking forward to eating all that steak that is in the freezer that we got from Jay's Dad and Velma for Christmas. I can't wait.

OK, this is it, I'm going to try to write more often and maybe even get into making comments about the latest news and politics like Jay does. He's been blogging since 2002 so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I hope I can keep this up and have something interesting to talk about. Today's mantra is "Lovin' Life".

No comments:

Post a Comment