Sunday, January 16, 2011

Well, I didn't write anything yesterday or the day before I think but I'm here now. I put my latest news on my FB page and everyone was happy for me. The thing I was so excited about is that I got out and rode a bicycle with Rocko on a leash at my side. He loved it! He loves to run, I think it's his favorite thing to do. I went around 2 blocks and at one time I was going so fast that Rocko could hardly keep up. He almost wrecked me a couple of times. It wasn't too easy to hold on to his leash and the bike handle at the same time.

The other thing that was great was that I to weigh myself and I only weighed 203 lbs. The last time I weighed myself I was about 216 lbs. I was astounded. I thought that the things I had been eating lately would have put weight on. I got my skinny skinny jeans on and they aren't cutting off my breath like before. My ass looks awesome again.

Politically I have heard just this morning about the government health care bill being unconstitutional. By forcing people to buy medical insurance if they don't have it through work they have to buy it. We are a Capitalist nation and that goes against being forced to buy something if we don't want to. The guy on TV explained that if we had a choice then there would be more competition in the medical field and they would strive to be better. I agree with this. I've always believed competition is the best form of commerce. I got this from watching The Sunday Morning Show on TV. I have watched that show since I was teenager and loved. Now don't get me wrong, I don't believe everything I hear but this morning it seemed the guy knew what he was talking about and there was a Supreme Court Judge had already decided it was unconstitutional. OK, that's it for news and politics. I try not to watch the news. Everybody thinks I'm wrong not to but I get physically ill from all the negative news. I prefer to get my news from my sweetie Jay who is very knowledgeable and up to date about all that's going on. He has to cause he spends a lot of time on the internet reading different stuff and finding out if something is true or not. I love him for that and for helping me to get healthier from all that I have been through in the last 10 years. I'm soooo happy.

1 comment:

  1. As a matter of fact, Congress passed - and 2nd President John Adams signed - a bill requiring privately employed seamen to purchase health insurance in 1798.

    Read all about it: http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/01/17/congress-passes-socialized-medicine-and-mandates-health-insurance-in-1798/

    The article points out that neither the Congress nor President Adams worried about what the Founding Fathers would think about it: many of the WERE the Founding Fathers, for example President of the United States John Adams, President of the Senate Thomas Jefferson and Speaker of the House Jonathan Dayton.

    ReplyDelete