Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Awake Again

Well, here I am not sleeping again. It's 2:30 am. That's been happening a lot of late and it's becoming extremely annoying. I used to take naps during the day easily but since I got off most of the pain meds over the last yr I have not been not been able to sit still because I am trying to deal with the pain and sitting still after a little while gets painful. My mind never stops trying to figure out what to do next. Nothing is the usual choice lately while I had a bad Sinus infection, fell on my knee and spent most of my last couple of months in bed. Otherwise I try to spend as much time as possible with Rocko. He's still my Miracle dog. He always makes me laugh and I love to play sticks and rope with him. I have been training him to walk directly beside me an let me use his body to steady myself should I happen to fall. He's so smart and figures out somehow what I need him for. He actually really saved me from falling down the other day. I started to fall and he immediately jumped under me and I grabbed him and he stood there and let me hold myself up by leaning on his shoulders and hips That's the first time it's happened for real and not just for training. He was amazing! I need him to be at my size wherever I go and now I know he'll be there for me. I'm looking into training him to be my Service Dog. Then I could take him every where I go. Well, it's actually going on 6 am now and I feel a little drowsy. I have to be at the doc's at 11:30 but I think I'm going to call and reschedule since I'm not going to drive all that way drowsy. I think I'm going to let this end here and someday there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment